Enter for a chance to win a trip to Chicago including hotel accommodation and activities. Two runners up will win flights for two to anywhere in the U.S. American Airlines flies.
You can enter every day to improve your chances of winning.
American Airlines ‘The United States of Adventure’ Prize Draw
American Airlines invites consumers to embark on a journey of a lifetime with a trip to America! Consumers can enter online or through Facebook for the chance to win one of three great prizes. Grand Prize winner will receive a holiday to Chicago including Main Cabin flights, hotel accommodations, dining voucher, activity passes and city tours. Two runner up winners will receive Main Cabin flights for two to anywhere in the continental U.S. that American flies. The promotion will launch on 1 January 2013 and end on 31st January 2013.
How to Enter:
To enter, visit www.aa.com/unitedstatesofadventure and click on the prize draw entry button or visit www.facebook.com/AAEurope and select the prize draw tab. Complete the entry form with required information and submit entry. All entrants must review and agree to the terms and conditions that form part of these Official Rules. Entries can be submitted once each day from 1st to 31st January 2013.
One Grand Prize winner and two Runner Up winners will be announced on or before 18 February 2013.
Terms and Conditions:
1. Promotion is only open to residents of the European Union, 18 years or over, excluding employees and their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings and children) of the Promoter, American Eagle, their parent and/or affiliate companies, their agents or anyone professionally connected with this promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to verify entrants’ eligibility. Void where prohibited by local law.
2. Contest Period: The “Contest Period” starts on 01 January 2013 to 31 January 2013. The Promoters computer clock in the United Kingdom is the official time clock for the entries and will be time stamped accordingly.
3. Entries are limited to one per person, per day.
4. How to Enter: To enter, visit www.aa.com/unitedstatesofadventure and click on the prize draw entry button or visit www.facebook.com/AAEurope and select the prize draw tab. Complete the entry form with required information and submit entry. All entrants must review and agree to the terms and conditions that form part of these Official Rules. Entries can be submitted once each day from 1st to 31st January 2013.
5. Winner Selection: One Grand Prize winner and two Runner Up winners will be chosen at random by an independent adjudicator from all valid entries. The selection will be final and binding on all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. The winner will be notified on or before 18 February 2013. Winner will have 28 days to respond to such notification. In the event the claim for the prize is not received by the Promoter within this 28 day period, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and award the prize to a reserve selected at the same time as the original.
7. Winner Notification/Requirements: The winner will be notified by email and their name and will be released publically via Facebook or other form of publicity as deemed fit by the Promoter. By entering the promotion you consent to the Promoter using your name in a post announcing that you have won the promotion.
8. Prizes: One Grand Prize winner and two Runner Up winners will be drawn at random. The first name drawn will receive the Grand Prize package. The second and third names drawn will receive the Runner Up prize.
9. Grand Prize: One Grand Prize winner will receive two (2) main-cabin standard economy return flights from cities currently running American Airline departures (BCN, CDG, DUB, FCO, FRA, HEL, LHR, MAN, MAD, MXP, ZRH) to Chicago (ORD). Winner will also receive hotel accommodations for two (2) at the Essex Inn on Michigan Avenue for a four (4) nights including two (2) general admission tickets to the John Hancock Observatory and two (2) general admission tickets to the Field Museum. Advanced reservations required. Subject to availability. Not redeemable for cash or refund. Two (2)Chicago CityPASS ticket booklets containing five admission tickets to: 1) Shedd Aquarium, 2) Skydeck Chicago (Fast Pass entry), 3) The Field Museum, 4) a choice between the John Hancock Observatory (Fast Pass entry) or the Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago; and 5) a choice between either Adler Planetarium or the Art Institute of Chicago. Each ticket may be used for one entry for one person. Most attractions provide VIP entry for Chicago CityPASS holders; check each admission ticket for instructions on how to skip the main-entrance ticket line. Ticket booklets must be activated (first used) no later than 31 January 2014. Once activated, the ticket booklet is valid for nine consecutive days, beginning with the first day of use. Champagne cruise for two (2) on Chicago’s First Lady. Cruise operates May through November. VIP reservation includes a complimentary bottle of Champagne for winners 21 years or older. Reservation must be made directly with Chicago’s First Lady and is subject to availability. Daytime departures available 7-days per week. Segway Tour for two (2) courtesy of Absolutely Chicago Segway Tours. Includes a two and a half hour Lakefront/Museum Campus Tour for two along Chicago’s beautiful lakefront. Stipulations include that the prize is not transferrable, requires a reservation ahead of time, is not valid on weekends, and is not valid for the gangster tour. And one dining voucher, valid for $100 towards dining at The Berghoff. The value of gift card never expires, but can only be redeemed during normal restaurant operating hours towards anything sold, including food, beverage and merchandise. It will not be accepted by the catering company. Grand Prize package is only valid through 31 January 2014.
10. Runner Up winners will receive two (2) Main Cabin standard economy return flights from cities currently running American Airline departures (BCN, CDG, DUB, FCO, FRA, HEL, LHR, MAN, MAD, MXP, ZRH) to any city currently running American Airline departures in the 48 contiguous United States.
11. Flight Terms and Conditions: Flights only available to/from cities currently running American Airline departures, no transfer expense to these locations is included. Both passengers must travel together on the same flight. Please note travel is subject to limited availability on restricted inventory at the time of booking. Availability cannot always be guaranteed on dates requested. Requests for travel must be submitted no later than 30 days prior to departure. Please therefore allow sufficient time prior to booking to avoid disappointment. The most direct routing to your final destination should be booked, and a maximum of one stopover may be permitted at an applicable US Gateway, subject to availability and connections. Travel must be completed by 31 January 2014. Tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable, non-upgradeable and have no cash value. Once the tickets are issued no changes or amendments to passenger names are permitted. Flight date/time and routing changes are restricted and will be subject to a fee. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other American Airlines promotion offer. It is the responsibility of the travellers to ensure they have adequate travel insurance, valid machine-readable passports, the necessary visas and required travel and health documentation to comply with travel regulations when travelling to the United States of America. All other costs and expenses, including, meals and spending money is the winner’s and guest’s own.
12. There are no cash or other prize alternatives available, in whole or in part, except in the event of circumstances outside its reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute another prize of similar or greater value. Unless otherwise agreed by the Promoter, the prize will only be awarded directly to the winner.
13. Personal Information: By entering the promotion, you agree and acknowledge the Promoter will use your personal information to administer the promotion and to contact you in the event that you are the winner. You consent to the Promoter publishing the biographical information that you provide (except street address, telephone number, and email address) and the submitted entry in all media, including but not limited to, online displays, television, cable, video productions, wireless applications, social media and other media channels and applications, known and unknown, and for advertising, promotions and other purposes, without further consent, notification or compensation, unless otherwise where prohibited by law. Information collected from entrants will only be disclosed to third parties if they are the winner and then only to such third parties who need to know in order to enable you to receive your prize. By entering the promotion you consent to us disclosing your personal data to such third parties notwithstanding that they may be located outside the European Economic Area in the United States of America. The Promoter will not otherwise disclose your personal information without your prior consent or unless required by law.
14. The above terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England & Wales and by entering this promotion the entrant agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
15. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. All participants acknowledge that they have no legal claim whatsoever against Facebook in respect of any aspect of the administration of, or their participation in, this promotion
16. By participating in the promotion, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Terms and Conditions and all instructions regarding this promotion, which form part of these Terms & Conditions, and the decisions of the Promoter, which are final and binding in all matters related to the promotion.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to amend or withdraw this promotion if circumstances arise which are beyond its reasonable control and only where circumstances make this unavoidable.
18. The winner may be asked to complete a 250 word trip report detailing their experiences on their trip in addition to providing three photos in JPEG format of their experiences during their trip. This will be due to Europe.Marketing@aa.com within 15 days of the winner completing their trip. The trip report and photos will be used by American Airlines and other trip partners (ie. Tourism Board, hotel or activity provider) in social media and online. The winner may also be invited to take part in additional publicity outside of winner announcements made on Facebook, with no further recompense.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the operation of the promotion or to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person deliberately to undermine the legitimate operation of the promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law and, should such an attempt be made, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Promoter’s failure to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
20. The Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to remove and disqualify any entry that does not adhere to these Official Rules.
21. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, from any entrant’s participation in the promotion or from any prize.
22. Promoter is American Airlines Inc, Marketing Department, Waterside HAA3, PO Box 365 Harmondsworth, UB7 0GB, United Kingdom.
AmericanAirlines, AAdvantage, Admirals Club, American Eagle, Executive Airlines and AmericanConnection are trademarks of American Airlines, Inc.
Copyright 2012 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
One Grand Prize winner will receive two Main Cabin return flights from cities currently running American Airline departures (BCN, CDG, DUB, FCO, FRA, HEL, LHR, MAN, MAD, MXP, ZRH) to Chicago (ORD).
The Grand Prize Winner will also receive:
· Hotel accommodations for four nights at the Essex Inn (http://www.essexinn.com) on the famous Michigan Avenue in the heart of downtown Chicago, minutes from Chicago’s finest attractions, with excellent accommodations at a fantastic price and great free extras, like our free shuttle around downtown, our rooftop pool, fitness center and free wireless internet.
· Two Chicago CityPASS ticket booklets covering admission to the Windy City's top attractions: Shedd Aquarium, Skydeck Chicago (Fast Pass entry), The Field Museum, a choice between the John Hancock Observatory (Fast Pass entry) or the Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago; and a choice between either Adler Planetarium or the Art Institute of Chicago. Chicago CityPASS holders also get the VIP treatment, skipping the main-entrance ticket line at nearly all attractions. For more information, visit citypass.com.
· A champagne cruise for two aboard Chicago’s First Lady. You and a guest will enjoy the Official Chicago Architecture Foundation River Cruise which will take you along Chicago’s riverfront to explore 50 significant buildings and stories about the men and women who designed them during this 90-minute voyage. A complimentary bottle of Champagne will complete your cruise experience aboard Chicago’s most luxurious river cruise vessels. http://cruisechicago.com/architecture_tours/
· A Segway Tour for two (2) courtesy of Absolutely Chicago Segway Tours. The 2-2.5 hour tour will cover numerous famous buildings, architectural landmarks, historical museums, and scenic views of Grant Park. http://chicagosegways.com
· A $100 dining voucher for The Berghoff. Serving German cuisine with an American twist, Berghoff is known for family traditions, annual Oktoberfest celebration and being a part of the fabric of Chicago. For more information on Berghoff Catering & Restaurant Group, visit www.berghoffgroup.com.
Two Runner Up winners will receive two (2) Main Cabin standard economy return flights from cities currently running American Airline departures (BCN, CDG, DUB, FCO, FRA, HEL, LHR, MAN, MAD, MXP, ZRH) to any city currently running American Airline departures in the 48 contiguous United States.
Prizes are valid through 31 January 2014. See Official Rules for prize terms and conditions.