1. Sponsor: Vayama.com Go Somewhere℠ Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) are sponsored by Airtrade International, Inc. d/b/a Vayama.com (“Sponsor”) with its headquarters at 1975 West El Camino Real, Suite 204, Mountain View, California 94040. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes should be directed to the Sponsor.
2. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes are open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Void where prohibited. Employees of Sponsor, its parent company, its subsidiary or affiliate companies, its participating advertising and promotion agencies, its suppliers and distributors, and the immediate family members of and/or those living in the same household of each, are not eligible to enter, or be a travel companion to any winner. Sweepstakes are subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
3. Agreement to Official Rules and Decisions: Participation constitutes full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules as well as Sponsor decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. How It Works: The Sweepstakes will kickoff along with the Vayama.com Go Somewhere℠ Tour, which will solicit participation in the Sweepstakes using both on-site and online events, as follows:
On-Site Events: The Vayama.com Go Somewhere℠ Tour will travel the West Coast of the United States, visiting special events in 12 different markets (Los Angeles, San Diego, Phoenix, Austin, Houston, Dallas, Denver, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Tahoe, Portland, and Seattle) and offering chances to enter the Sweepstakes and win a free trip. At each such event, Sponsor’s authorized representatives (“Brand Ambassadors”) will hand out promotional cards that look like boarding passes (“Boarding Passes”) to randomly selected recipients (“Recipients”). These Boarding Passes will be unique to each market and specify the entry period for that market (see Markets, Entry Periods, and First Prize Drawings below). They will also feature a special code (“Boarding Pass Number”) that each Recipient must use in order to enter the Sweepstakes (see How to Enter below). During the Sweepstakes, there will be twelve (12) separate entry periods and drawing dates, each for a given market, and each for a single First Prize (see Prizes below). In addition, all entries submitted by Recipients in connection with such on-site events, regardless of market, will be automatically eligible for the drawing of the Grand Prize (see Prizes below).
Online Events: Sponsor will invite individuals who are or become “friends” of the Sponsor’s Facebook® page or otherwise “like” the Sponsor’s Facebook® page (collectively, “Friends”) during the Sweepstakes Period (see Sweepstakes Period below), to enter the Sweepstakes, but only for the drawing of the Grand Prize (see Prizes below).
5. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes will begin on April 12, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and end on August 4, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. PT (the “Sweepstakes Period”); provided that the actual entry period with respect to on-site events will vary according to market (see Markets, Entry Periods, and First Prize Drawings below). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for these Sweepstakes.
6. How to Enter: There are different ways to enter, as follows:
On-Site Events: Recipients who satisfy the eligibility requirements (see Eligibility above) may become entrants into the Sweepstakes (“Entrants”) by submitting certain personal information (including, without limitation, first name, last name, and e-mail address) (collectively, the “Required Information”), in one of two ways:
By VayamaTrip.com: Recipients who choose to enter by VayamaTrip.com must use a web-enabled computer or other device connected to the Internet in order to access VayamaTrip.com. Once at VayamaTrip.com, such Recipients must complete an online registration form by providing the Required Information in its entirety along with their Boarding Pass Number, and agreeing to receive e-mails from the Sponsor. After successful submission, Recipients will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes, which will be eligible for a single First Prize drawing as well as the Grand Prize drawing (see Prizes and Limits on Entry below). Confirmation of entry will be presented on a “Thank You” screen and also sent by e-mail.
By iPad® at On-Site Event: Recipients who choose to enter by iPad® at an on-site event do not need to own or purchase any web-enabled computer, mobile device, or other device. (Sponsor will make available one or more iPad® for purposes of submitting entries at each on-site event, no fee or purchase required.) Such Recipients must complete a registration form on an iPad® belonging to Sponsor by providing the Required Information in its entirety along with their Boarding Pass Number, and agreeing to receive e-mails from the Sponsor. After successful submission, Recipients will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes, which will be eligible for a single First Prize Drawing as well as the Grand Prize drawing (see Prizes and Limits on Entry below). Confirmation of entry will be presented on a “Thank You” screen and also sent by e-mail.
Online Events: Friends who satisfy the eligibility requirements (see Eligibility above) may become Entrants by visiting the Sponsor’s Facebook® page located at www.facebook.com/vayamatravel, navigating to the Go SomewhereSM Sweepstakes tab, and following the instructions to complete a registration form by providing the Required Information (as defined in How to Enter: On-Site Events above) in its entirety, and agreeing to receive e-mails from the Sponsor. After successful submission, Friends will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes, but for the drawing of the Grand Prize only (see Prizes and Limits on Entry below below). Confirmation of entry will be presented on a “Thank You” screen.
7. Limits on Entry:
Recipients: Recipients are eligible to submit only one (1) entry during the Sweepstakes Period. Each such entry is eligible for a single First Prize drawing as well as the Grand Prize drawing. Recipients must not enter, or attempt to enter, as Friends once they have entered as Recipients.
Friends: Friends are eligible to submit only one (1) entry during the Sweepstakes Period. Each such entry is eligible for the Grand Prize drawing only. Friends must not enter, or attempt to enter, as Recipients once they have entered as Friends.
All Entrants: Multiple entries are not permitted to share the same e-mail address. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different e-mail addresses, identities, registrations and log-ins, or any other methods will void all that Entrant’s entries, and Entrant will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute regarding any entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to register will be deemed the Entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive two round-trip economy class air tickets for self and a companion to travel together between an Emirates Airline U.S. gateway (Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, Seattle, or Washington) and any Emirates Airline destination, plus U.S. $2,000 total cash spending money. Approximate retail value of the prize is $5,500; actual value of prize may vary depending on selected dates and destination. Winner will not receive the difference between the approximate retail value and the actual retail value of the prize. Travel must commence on or after September 15, 2013 and no later than March 31, 2014, with a maximum stay of ninety (90) days. The following blackout dates apply: December 10 through December 24, 2013. The Grand Prize winner must provide a minimum of thirty (30) days advance notice of the actual itinerary and intended travel dates to Emirates Airline. Air tickets are non-transferable and no substitutes, refunds or changes are permitted. All travel is subject to availability at time of booking. Air tickets are valid only on flights operated by Emirates Airline. No frequent flyer mileage may be accrued. Travel to and from the Emirates Airline U.S. gateway on domestic flights is not included.
First Prizes: Twelve (12) First Prize Winners will receive a U.S. $1,500 travel voucher redeemable for one or more air tickets to be booked on Vayama.com. The voucher must be used on or before August 31, 2014. Sponsor will not replace any lost voucher codes.
Conditions for All Prizes: No cash equivalent. All prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Except where prohibited, the potential prize winner and any travel companion will be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release, among other documents. In addition, the potential prize winner will be required to submit a Form W-9. The value of all prizes will be treated as income to the winner, and the winner will be responsible for payment and reporting of all applicable taxes. Please consult with a tax advisor. All other travel-related expenses (including, without limitation, excess baggage, ground transportation to and from home, taxes, gratuities, upgrades, insurance, service charges, airport surcharges, departure taxes, hotel, resort or property fees, food & beverage and personal expenses) are the sole responsibility of prize winner. All passengers are responsible for verifying that all the information stated on their tickets is true and correct and that they have valid passports, applicable visas, and other documents for travel available at check-in as may be required by the destination country and/or air carrier. If a passenger is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian must authorize his/her travel and sign documents on his/her behalf. Sponsor shall have no further obligation if, for any reason whatsoever, passengers are unable to travel after all travel arrangements have been made.
9. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the actual number of entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The estimated odds of winning the Grand Prize are 1 in 250,000. The estimated odds of winning a First Prize depend on the market from which the entry is submitted, as follows: Los Angeles, 1 in 20,000; San Diego, 1 in 13,000; Phoenix, 1 in 13,000; Austin, 1 in 13,000; Houston, 1 in 14,000; Dallas, 1 in 20,000; Denver, 1 in 18,000; Salt Lake City, 1 in 13,000; San Francisco, 1 in 20,000; Tahoe, 1 in 10,000; Portland, 1 in 12,000; Seattle, 1 in 14,000.
10. Grand Prize Drawing: Sponsor will randomly select one (1) potential Grand Prize Winner from all eligible entries submitted by Recipients and Friends during the Sweepstakes Period on or about August 5, 2013. Notification will be made within three (3) days.
11. Markets, Entry Periods, and First Prize Drawings: Sponsor will randomly select one (1) potential First Prize Winner from all eligible entries that are submitted by Recipients during the applicable entry period for a given market, as follows:Market Entry Period Start Date (as of 12:00 A.M. Pacific Time) Entry Period End Date (as of 11:59:59 P.M. Pacific Time) First Prize Random Drawing On or About Initial Notification Date On or About Los Angeles 4/12/13 4/21/13 4/22/13 4/23/13 San Diego 4/21/13 4/24/13 4/25/13 4/26/13 Phoenix 4/26/13 4/30/13 5/1/13 5/2/13 Austin 5/4/13 5/8/13 5/9/13 5/10/13 Houston 5/10/13 5/16/13 5/17/13 5/18/13 Dallas 5/18/13 5/28/13 5/29/13 5/30/13 Denver 6/1/13 6/16/13 6/17/13 6/18/13 Salt Lake City 6/19/13 6/26/13 6/27/13 6/28/13 San Francisco 6/30/13 7/12/13 7/13/13 7/14/13 Tahoe 7/5/13 7/20/13 7/21/13 7/22/13 Portland 7/23/13 7/26/13 7/27/13 7/28/13 Seattle 7/28/13 8/4/13 8/5/13 8/6/13
12. NOTICE: ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE SWEEPSTAKES SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS.
13. Verification of Potential Winners: Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements. Each potential winner will be notified at the e-mail address provided. Entrants are advised to configure any anti-spam filters to allow e-mails from Vayama.com as Sponsor is not responsible for assuring receipt of such e-mails, including notification of any prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted within three (3) calendar days, or prize is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that the potential prize winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. All alternate potential winners are subject to all requirements set forth in these Official Rules. Non-winning entries will not be notified.
14. Release: By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliate companies, suppliers, distributors, and advertising/promotion agencies, as well as each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any costs, claims or causes of action, including, without limitation, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes, in whole or in part, or receipt, use, or misuse of any prize or prize-related activity, whether hosted by Sponsor or a third party. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in this Sweepstakes or use/misuse or redemption of the prize.
15. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without additional compensation, notification, or permission. Winner agrees not to disparage any of the Released Parties, their respective products or services, or the Sweepstakes itself.
16. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, including these Official Rules, at any time in its sole discretion. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor.
17. No Representations or Warranties: Entrant acknowledges that the Sponsor and all other businesses affiliated with this Sweepstakes and their agents do not make, nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representations, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the quality, conditions, fitness or merchantability of any aspect of any prize being offered.
18. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an Entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
19. Disputes: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by a state or federal court located in the State of California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
21. Winners’ List: To receive a list of the winners, send a stamped self-addressed envelope to: Vayama.com, 1975 El Camino Real, Suite 204, Mountain View California 94040 – Attn: Marketing, Vayama.com – Go SomewhereSM Sweepstakes, within sixty (60) days of expiration of the Sweepstakes Period.
22. Official Rules: For a copy of these Official Rules, send a legal-size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Vayama.com, Attn: Marketing, Vayama.com – Go SomewhereSM Sweepstakes – Official Rules, 1975 West El Camino Real Suite 204 Mountain View California 94040 prior to the end of the Sweepstakes Period. Vermont residents may omit return postage with Official Rules requests.
Version 1.1: Dated as of April 4, 2013
Vayama, the Vayama logo, and Go Somewhere are service marks of Airtrade International, Inc. All rights reserved.
Facebook® is a trademark of Facebook, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
iPad® is a service mark of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.